Rabbit Farming Benefits
Few of the Rabbit Farming Benefits are:
- Rabbits are very fast growing animal.
- Their food converting rate is better than other animals.
- One female rabbit can give birth about 2 to 8 kids each time.
- Rabbit Farming business requires less space and it can be done anywhere at the farm, backyard, on a terrace or even at home.
- Production costs are less, compared to other large sized animals.
- Rabbit meat is very tasty, nutritious and easily digestible. All aged people can eat without any problem.
- There are no religious taboos consuming rabbit meat.
- Rabbits are placed after poultry In the case of meat production.
- Rabbit farming requires less labor compared to another animal farming business.
- Commercial rabbit farming business requires relatively less capital and you will get back your investment within a very short period.
- As it is a highly profitable business, so commercial production can be a great source of earning and employment.
- You can meet up your family nutritional demands through raising a few number of rabbits.
- Rabbit wool is 6 – 8 times warmer than the contemporary sheep wool. It can be mixed with silk, polyester, rayon, nylon, sheep wool, and other fibers to make good quality handlooms as well as hand knitted apparels.
- Rabbit business gives tremendous income source and is not a seasonal business as productivity from rabbits is same throughout the year.
People usually raise rabbits as pets. But raising them commercially can be a great source of income and a smart way of employment. The annual demand for meat is increasing rapidly throughout the world and right now poultry, beef, and pork meat are controlling this huge demand. Commercial rabbit production can play a very important role to meet up this demand. So the rabbit farming business has a great opportunity.